The Athens Photo Festival’s international Portfolio Reviews offer a meeting space that promotes networking and exchange among international experts and photographers at all levels. 25 museum curators, festival directors, publishers, editors,
and other industry professionals from different countries gather in Athens to meet in person with registered photographers and to provide advice and constructive feedback in a supporting environment.
The one-on-one review meetings will take place on Monday and Tuesday 25-26 June 2018 at the Benaki Museum (Pireos St. Annexe) in Athens. Photographers can register for eight 20-minute individual sessions. The reviewers will award the “Best Portfolios” and the winners will have the chance to exhibit at the Athens Photo Festival 2019.
Each participant must fill in the registration form, available on the website, along with their portfolio and a short project description. During the meetings photographers are allowed to show to experts multiple series of work, but only one project must be submitted in the process of registration. The number of participants is limited, so early registration is encouraged.
As a registered photographer you receive:
• Minimum of 8 scheduled meetings.
• The portfolios that reviewers voted as their favourite will be exhibited as part of the Athens Photo Festival 2019.
• 40 photographers will have the opportunity for a 12-month presence on APhF:Connections, a by-invitation-only online platform, to showcase their work as well as introduce them to 100+ important people in the field of photography, who are interested in discovering photographers from around the globe.
• Networking opportunities with your peers.
• Admission to the main exhibition and a free catalogue of the Athens Photo Festival 2018.